We have decided to start a blog to share our recipes and to also keep them in a place we can easily access them. We hope you enjoy them and the little tid bits of our lives that we throw in. Most recipes will be based on primal principles although a few non-primal baked goods may slip in :)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dinner for One


So Adam is in Nashville for the week for work so I was left to fend for myself. Not used to cooking for 1 anymore. So I went back to a favorite from my single days. A pork chop with peppers and onions. It is really easy and takes only about 20 minutes start to finish.

I was able to pack some more things up for the move and watched Rieley one night which is always fun. We watched Beauty and the Beast, her favorite at the time, and just hung out. She always packs snacks for us to share and I love how happy she is to see me when I pick her up :).

I am ready for Adam to be home!!!! We are running a 10k this weekend in the Hocking Hills called the Indian Run. I ran this last year while training for a half marathon. It is AWESOME! It is a trail run through the beautiful Hocking Hills. We have not been really training to run it in any kind of time, just doing it to help restart out fitness routine which has been slacking since the wedding and all the moving began.

Easy Pork Chops and Peppers:

Grill pork chop or bake it. Baking takes a little longer. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Cut peppers and onions into long slices. Saute in pan with butter until peppers are soft. I usually put a lid on the pan to help cook them faster. I also like when there is a little bit of almost a roasted look to them. Only use about 1 tablespoon of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment