We have decided to start a blog to share our recipes and to also keep them in a place we can easily access them. We hope you enjoy them and the little tid bits of our lives that we throw in. Most recipes will be based on primal principles although a few non-primal baked goods may slip in :)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Probably the best meal we have ever made...

Over the weekend Adam and I went apple picking with my parents at Lynd's Fruit Farm. We picked some delicious Jonathon apples. Since then I have been dying to make this recipe. It is a little labor intensive and you should not do it when you are also trying to make 6 batches of chocolate chip cookies for a weekend trip.....ha.

I followed the recipe with a few changes. Of course we used Jonathon apples instead of Granny Smith and used 2 instead of 1. One did not seem like it would be enough and I was right. Two is the perfect amount so that you have enough for stuffing and topping. The recipe also never tells you when to use the cinnamon. I mixed it in with the sauce for one top...YUM! Also did not use the lemon zest or the parsley.

Our side was Adam's green beans (see older post).

No comments:

Post a Comment