We have decided to start a blog to share our recipes and to also keep them in a place we can easily access them. We hope you enjoy them and the little tid bits of our lives that we throw in. Most recipes will be based on primal principles although a few non-primal baked goods may slip in :)

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lavender Lemon Chicken


While Adam was off walking under the Missouri River in Montana (he was there for work his company is doing on the dam there and got to walk in the giant pipes! and he got to stand in a known location of where Lewis and Clark stood), I decided to try something different with plain old chicken breast.

I had some left over lemon from our chicken and artichoke heart dish so I sliced some lemon very thin and placed them on the chicken. At the North Market this summer the worker at the spice place talked me into cooking lavender and a citrus type of peppercorn. So I decided to sprinkle a little of each on the chicken. I popped it in the oven and it turned out great! The lemon gave it a very light taste and the pepper and lavender were a perfect compliment.

We are going to try this on a whole chicken soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment